1. Tapatalk has just been installed on the forums. This app makes it easy to login, read or reply to the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Things are finally stable enough to have recruitment opened. We are now actively seeking individuals 18+ to apply. Click the Join Us link at the top of the page and fill out an app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can use your Steam credentials to log in and create your account for the forums. This can help speed up your access to the forums. Welcome!
  4. When reporting a player please select a prefix for the thread. Be sure to include demos or screenshots. Any reports without evidence will be closed and disregarded.

RUST server info

Discussion in 'RUST' started by TacTicToe, Sep 12, 2015.

1. HERRETIX
    Breezy

HERRETIX Member

Because :cool:
    [​IMG]

2. St. Timmy's
    Energetic

St. Timmy's Member

I like it

3. HERRETIX
    Breezy

HERRETIX Member

As my machines get more stone I plan to see exactly how high I can make it :D

4. TacTicToe
    Busy

TacTicToe Clan Founder Staff Member Homefront Server Admin Battlefield 3 Server Admin Black Ops Server Admin Bad Company 2 Server Admin Clan Member

Compensating for something there? :)

Yea those quarries are mass stone producing machines. Its how I was able to get my massive walls up. :) The 2 machines I have near my base gave me more stone, metal ore, sulfur ore and metal fragments than I could even use. All that charcoal and smelted sulfur = tons of gunpowder! :D

BTW not sure if youre aware, but you may wish to check the stability as you get higher. Once you get below about 20% you may run into issues.

5. HERRETIX
    Breezy

HERRETIX Member

Yeah some of the stair sections are below 20% but everything else is at least 40%. Haven't had any issues yet thankfully.

6. TacTicToe
    Busy

TacTicToe Clan Founder Staff Member Homefront Server Admin Battlefield 3 Server Admin Black Ops Server Admin Bad Company 2 Server Admin Clan Member

Logged on today and found my self dead from that damn patrol copter. I was pissed. Then I could not find a bed to spawn on because of the server wipe from the update. Was very irritating.

7. St. Timmy's
    Energetic

St. Timmy's Member

Hey, out of curiosity, do we have the ability to shoot the helicopter down? I didn't know if a weapon/crafting ability becomes available at some point during the game to deal with that pest. Or, maybe they will implement something in the future.

8. HERRETIX
    Breezy

HERRETIX Member

I found a rocket launcher in a drop crate and was gonna use it, but now that the server wiped I won't have it any more. But I still intend to find another and test it.

9. TacTicToe
    Busy

Yeah good luck with that. That chopper locks on fast and rips you to shreds. If you have ever played Black Ops and someone calls in the attack chopper, its like that. I was so pissed when I logged on to see I had been killed, ESPECIALLY since I was inside my base sleeping and minding my own business.

10. HERRETIX
    Breezy

HERRETIX Member

Dying in your sleep is ridiculous, no way that thing should be able to agro when you're offline. Talk about a broken mechanic.

11. St. Timmy's
    Energetic

St. Timmy's Member

Supply plane flew directly over my place. I crossed my fingers for an easy drop, but noooooooooooooo. Had to travel about 10 minutes by foot, could barely see the parachute drop. Get to the general location and there was not one but two in the vicinity FTW. Got three oil derricks up and running, too bad they are not super close. Have you guys noticed how a lantern acts inside a structure? I put it on the second floor, but you can see the light clearly out the 4th floor of my place. Looks good from a distance. Lantern may be bugged. I put wood in mine and it doesn't seem to be using the fuel, but it is still lit.

12. St. Timmy's
    Energetic

St. Timmy's Member

This would have looked awesome with a lantern on the top floor at night from a distance.

13. TacTicToe
    Busy

I added a couple plugins. Air Drop plugin allows several drops to happen each hour, with 1 or 2 crates per drop. It also announces when there is a drop coming. The NightLantern plugin turns your lanterns off and on for you automatically. It seems they do not use fuel with this plugin. I have also increased the gather rate for resources. So like if I am chopping a tree for wood, I get 75 pieces per hit now instead of 25. Also server is running as a PvP server for now, so just a heads up. :)

14. HERRETIX
    Breezy

HERRETIX Member

Think I'll follow Timmy's advice and build a new tower and put a lantern up on the top :)

15. St. Timmy's
    Energetic

St. Timmy's Member

Dang, I haven't built with PvP in mind. Due to my work schedule, this could be problematic because there will be days that I can't be on.

16. HERRETIX
    Breezy

HERRETIX Member

well I don't think anyone else has gotten on the server yet so you should be fine, but the other server is plain pve. I like that map better anyway.

17. HERRETIX
    Breezy

HERRETIX Member

Servers have been down for a couple days now. Hope nothing is wrong lol

18. TacTicToe
    Busy

There was a server update and I just havent had a chance to do the update. It is a little more of a process with Rust. I will get them back online, promise. I have work and family to take care of as well. Just finished cutting my lawn and now I have to go make pizza dough. Yes, I make my own doughs. :D

19. HERRETIX
    Breezy

HERRETIX Member

haha, that's awesome. I love making homemade pizza. not trying to rush you, just keeping you up to speed :)

20. St. Timmy's
    Energetic

St. Timmy's Member