1. Tapatalk has just been installed on the forums. This app makes it easy to login, read or reply to the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Things are finally stable enough to have recruitment opened. We are now actively seeking individuals 18+ to apply. Click the Join Us link at the top of the page and fill out an app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can use your Steam credentials to log in and create your account for the forums. This can help speed up your access to the forums. Welcome!
  4. When reporting a player please select a prefix for the thread. Be sure to include demos or screenshots. Any reports without evidence will be closed and disregarded.

Renegade-X Server

Discussion in 'Renegade-X' started by TacTicToe, Oct 10, 2014.

1. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

TacTicToe Clan Founder Staff Member Homefront Server Admin Battlefield 3 Server Admin Black Ops Server Admin Bad Company 2 Server Admin Clan Member

I was playing renegade-X last night, and had a frigging BLAST!!! We have a server online, with 40 slots and server was full all night. The gameplay is fast paced, slightly chaotic and if you don't work as a team, YOU LOSE!

Renegade-X is a FREE game that you can play in either first or third person perspective, and it has a bit of an RTS element to it. It is a command and conquer game where you and your team has to destroy the enemies base, while defending your own. Gameplay can become intense really quickly when the other team makes a rush and are attacking your base. You scramble to repair your facilities that are under attack while they are trying relentllessly to destroy them.

There are vehicles in this game, tanks and helicopters. You need the tanks to destroy their tanks, BUT do you repair the tanks that are taking damage, or do you choose to repair your facilities that are taking damage? You need the tanks operational to take out the tanks that are wrecking your base. BUT you also need to repair your base so you don't lose. Which do you choose? The chaos and decisions you make to take your team to victory, will keep you on the edge of your seat.

This game is just a ton of fun to play. On our powerful box, the server ran smooth as silk, even when full. If you are looking for a new game to try out, and dont have $50 to spend on a new AAA title, I urge you to check Renegade-X out. This game is EASILY a AAA title quality release, and it is 100% free. Not free to play, or pay to win, just 100% completely free. You have to check it out.

Here is a list of download mirrors. Game is about 2.5 gigs to download. Tell your friends, and let's make this game huge!! People that will enjoy this game are Homefront, Frontlines FoW (CQ), Battlefield (CQ), Natural Selection 2 and anyone that has played a game where you need some team work to win.

http://renegade-x.com/download.php

Check it out. You will be glad you did.

Basic Tutorial Video.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  2. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

TacTicToe Clan Founder Staff Member Homefront Server Admin Battlefield 3 Server Admin Black Ops Server Admin Bad Company 2 Server Admin Clan Member

This is a basic tutorial of the game. Barely touches on all that you can do, but give you a good idea none the less.

3. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

Server is online and updated to latest release. You can find the link to download the game in our Downloads sections.

CNC-XMountain
    By: Kenz3001 | Flying: NO
    The map XMountain was originally designed by Kenz3001 for the back then Unreal Tournament 3 Renegade-X Modification. It has undergone quite a huge facelift and is now set in autumn with lots and lots of leafs everywhere. Great athmosphere in general and great gameplay.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CNC-Volcano
    By: Kenz3001 | Flying: NO
    The original map Volcano was a part of C&C Renegade created by Westwood Studios. It was ported to Renegade-X Open Beta 3 by Kenz3001 and has an awesome early evening setting with a very cool lit Tiberium cave and lava scenery. Excellent map.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CNC-Islands

By: ZixXer | Flying: NO
    The original map Islands was a part of C&C Renegade created by Westwood Studios. It was ported to Renegade-X Open Beta 3 by Zixxer and is one of the best maps visually and gameplaywise that Renegade-X has to offer. Very decent map.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CNC-Field

By: Havoc89 | Flying: NO
    The original map Field was a part of C&C Renegade created by Westwood Studios. It was ported to Renegade-X Open Beta 3 by Havoc89 and is one of the most battle intensive maps because of its size and only having 1 main vehicle entrance to each base. There are also tunnels for infantry only. Fun map.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CNC-GoldRush

By: Nielsen | Flying: NO
    This map is where GDI and Nod battle for Gold, although there is still some Tiberium present in this area. There is a big mining facility in the center of the map which you can get into and climb on top of. Nice map.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CNC-Walls

By: Havoc89 | Flying: YES
    The original map Walls was a part of C&C Renegade created by Westwood Studios. It is a desert themed map where the bases are protected by big walls that can be accessed through scoffolds. In the middle of the map is a mountain you can get on top of and tunnels exist in it. Good map.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CNC-Whiteout

By: HappyConscript | Flying: YES
    The original map this is based off was called Hourglass and is was a part of C&C Renegade created by Westwood Studios. It is a snow themed map where the bases are protected by light automated defenses and player controllable turrets. In the middle of the map is a mountain with tiberium including a tunnel system for infantry only. This is a good flying enabled map.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CNC-MesaII

By: Nielsen | Flying: NO
    The map based on Mesa from Westwood Studios for Renegade but for Renegade-X called Mesa II by Nielsen.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CNC-Lakeside

By: ZixXer | Flying: YES
    An excellent map for Renegade-X Open Beta 3. Relatively open spaced map with flying units enabled. Also two Tiberium Silo's which can of course be captured.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  4. [DFg]DJF-1975
    Tired

[DFg]DJF-1975 Member

... All I can say is I LOVE THIS GAME!

IF you take TRIBES 1,2, and Vengeance, Section 8, Section 8 Prejudice, add a little of the tower mod for Killing Floor (the retail AND UT2004 version) and mix it with about 20 other 3rd person games, this is what you get!

THIS GAME has TONS of potential, just playing around by myself on our server.

I want to play this with all you guys soon! DOWNLOAD IT TODAY!!

...Seal...

5. Jayvytee
    No Mood

Jayvytee Member

I may not have to work tomorrow and maybe even the rest of the week so I might jump on. Got a 2 week brake from work coming up again too. December 18th is my last day this year :)

6. [DFg]DJF-1975
    Tired

[DFg]DJF-1975 Member

Sounds great man I have so many games to play on PC we have to hook up it's been great now that you were on teamspeak with me we've got to do that more often!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

7. Jayvytee
    No Mood

Jayvytee Member

I agree and we will. I'm really looking forward to this break. I need it and earned it :) Gonna make my pc sweat.

8. [DFg]DJF-1975
    Tired

[DFg]DJF-1975 Member

Off topic, but related to a quote from you.. "Gonna make my PC sweat" so... as the weirdo I am... Music pops in my head constantly in day-to-day conversations..

This is what your post put in my head almost immediately. LTFOL

...Seal...

9. Jayvytee
    No Mood

Jayvytee Member

lol I love the 90's :)

I played this game a bit when the server was up a while ago but didn't really know what to do. I'll have to look into that before we play. But it looks very promissing indeed. When played as a team that is.

10. [DFg]DJF-1975
    Tired

[DFg]DJF-1975 Member

It's a lot of work. It's got deployables, vehicles, and many other things like I compared it to tribes, etc. I'll take all the time needed to get proficient with that game soon. Hope to see ya 'round. I'm playing a lot of CONSOLE games today. I might be on PC later, bro. Cheers.