1. Tapatalk has just been installed on the forums. This app makes it easy to login, read or reply to the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Things are finally stable enough to have recruitment opened. We are now actively seeking individuals 18+ to apply. Click the Join Us link at the top of the page and fill out an app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can use your Steam credentials to log in and create your account for the forums. This can help speed up your access to the forums. Welcome!
  4. When reporting a player please select a prefix for the thread. Be sure to include demos or screenshots. Any reports without evidence will be closed and disregarded.

Natural Selection 2 Combat

Discussion in 'NS2 Combat' started by TacTicToe, Oct 21, 2014.

1. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

TacTicToe Clan Founder Staff Member Homefront Server Admin Battlefield 3 Server Admin Black Ops Server Admin Bad Company 2 Server Admin Clan Member

NS2 Combat is being released on Oct 31st, and I for one look forward to this. While NS2 is tremendous fun, it is also extremely team based and team dependent. While this can be a lot of fun if you have a good team that know what they are doing, it can also be equally dreadful if you don't. NS2 is a game that you really need to coordinate with on Teamspeak or in-game voip to win. It takes strategy, and NS2 also has a huge learning curve. To really learn NS2 and become good at it, you will need to log about 100 hours of gameplay. This is especially so if you wish to play as the Commander.

With this new version, Combat, it is basically the same game but more of a team death match style of play. Since the learning curve will be lower, this should attract more players. This is going to be a great fast paced, scifi aliens vs humans game. We will have at least a couple of servers online for release day.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  2. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

TacTicToe Clan Founder Staff Member Homefront Server Admin Battlefield 3 Server Admin Black Ops Server Admin Bad Company 2 Server Admin Clan Member

Bad news.

Just got word from the dev that the only servers we would be able to host would be unranked servers. Since a vast majority of players will not play on unranked servers, it is kind of pointless. I may put up a single server to see if it gets any traffic, but won't hold my breath. Apparently you have to rent a server from one of their providers. I still do not know who their provider is. I am trying to find out if I can apply to be a RSP. If we can, then I will put up a couple of ranked servers.

Bottom line, until I get some solid answers and know what is going on, I will not be purchasing the game. I have already informed them in the forums their decision to go this route has cost them the sale of at least one clan pack. If the decision gets reversed and I can host ranked, I will go ahead and buy. This decision if it happens won't take place till post launch. So we are at a wait and see if we will support this game or not.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks.