1. Tapatalk has just been installed on the forums. This app makes it easy to login, read or reply to the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Things are finally stable enough to have recruitment opened. We are now actively seeking individuals 18+ to apply. Click the Join Us link at the top of the page and fill out an app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can use your Steam credentials to log in and create your account for the forums. This can help speed up your access to the forums. Welcome!
  4. When reporting a player please select a prefix for the thread. Be sure to include demos or screenshots. Any reports without evidence will be closed and disregarded.

Dedicated Server upgrade

Discussion in 'News' started by TacTicToe, Sep 30, 2014.

1. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

TacTicToe Clan Founder Staff Member Homefront Server Admin Battlefield 3 Server Admin Black Ops Server Admin Bad Company 2 Server Admin Clan Member

Our current server box is several years old now and coming to the end of its life. I have ordered a new server box which will upgrade our current server. The current server has begun having issues, random crashes and restarts that are causing problems. Time to retire the old box. For the tech savvy nerds like myself, these are the specs for the upcoming box.

• Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 processor (4 physical 3.6ghz cores on QPI + hyperthreading + turbo->4.0ghz)
    • 32 GB DDR3-1600 ECC memory
    • 240 GB SSD drive
    • 2000 GB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive
    • 18000 GB 36000 GB of InterNAP bandwidth (20000 Mbps capacity on gigabit port) Note: FREE upgrade from host
    • Able to host around 300-350 connected players at once
    This box is going to be a beast. As a result of this upgrade, I am adding a couple more IP's to the box. There could be some intermittent downtime for some of the servers as I move everything over to the new box. I will get this done as quickly as possible.

The only servers that will not be affected by this are the 2 Black Ops servers. They are hosted on their own separate machines. However the admin tools used to govern the servers are located on the dedicated box. This could result in some downtime with the admin tools. I will get everything back online as quickly as possible.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  2. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

TacTicToe Clan Founder Staff Member Homefront Server Admin Battlefield 3 Server Admin Black Ops Server Admin Bad Company 2 Server Admin Clan Member

Server box is now online. I am beginning the migration of servers to the new box. There may be some intermittent down time. I will get this completed as soon as possible.

3. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

Game Servers have been transferred to the new box. I will work on moving over the admin tools tomorrow.

4. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

All admin tools are now on the new box and running smooth. Only thing left to move over is the Teamspeak 3 server

5. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

server.jpg
    load.jpg

Just to give you an idea of what a beast this box is. As you can see there are many servers running. Game servers, Big Brother Bot, Procon, Paronicon. The Natural Selection 2 server is a massive resource hog. At this time there are about 70 players in all connected and playing. With all this going on, we are using 10% of the CPU capacity and about 29% of the RAM. With all that is going on, this server isnt even breaking a sweat. Still plenty of room to add any future servers we may want to add to the line up.

This box as you see it has 3 Bad Company 2 servers, several FFoW servers, a Homefront server, several Call of Duty servers, and it doesnt even flinch. Incredible!!!!

6. Akira Kurosawa
    No Mood

Akira Kurosawa Donator Staff Member $$$ Donator $$$ Homefront Server Admin Clan Member

I'm jealous......

7. danielmeah2010
    Drunk

danielmeah2010 New Member

Not bad. although i prefer AMD

8. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

This rig is an actual server and server setup. For that Intel really rocks. Now for gaming, that's different. My home game system is an AMD.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220568

• AMD FX-8300 Eight-Core Processor (Socket AM3+ (942)) @ 3.3ghz
    • 32GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    • 1TB HDD SATA-III 6.0Gb/s
    • AMD Radeon R9 270 video card (2GB GDDR5)
    • Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
    This system not only flies, but I can have games running in the back ground so I can be on a server to seed it. Battlefield games, all of them, smooth as silk.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    danielmeah2010 likes this.
  9. danielmeah2010
    Drunk

danielmeah2010 New Member

Nice spec home pc too :D ^^

10. [DFg]DJF-1975
    Tired

[DFg]DJF-1975 Member

Good shizzle man. I have a simliar gaming box at home. I just can't afford to rent/lease such a nice server box, however we're doing well small as we are, I'm glad to see you guys are still kickin' it and of course getting to know you I'm glad you're still able to provide great stuff. I plan on becoming a regular here for many reasons. I hope I can start donating soon as this new job I have grows more comfortable:) Cheers.

...Seal...

11. zama

zama New Member

12. zama

zama New Member

Hello guys
    I would like to ask people's help about Days of War's dedicated server (DOW) configuration.
    Is there any tutorial so I can configure this dedicated server from the begin?
    I am Brazilian and already own the host server that will host the game.
    I have little experience for this set up. And on Steam I did not find what I could support.
    Can someone help me?
    Thank you.
    Pedro_paulada.