1. Tapatalk has just been installed on the forums. This app makes it easy to login, read or reply to the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Things are finally stable enough to have recruitment opened. We are now actively seeking individuals 18+ to apply. Click the Join Us link at the top of the page and fill out an app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can use your Steam credentials to log in and create your account for the forums. This can help speed up your access to the forums. Welcome!
  4. When reporting a player please select a prefix for the thread. Be sure to include demos or screenshots. Any reports without evidence will be closed and disregarded.

CoD MW2 Server is online

Discussion in 'Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2' started by TacTicToe, Sep 20, 2014.

1. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

TacTicToe Clan Founder Staff Member Homefront Server Admin Battlefield 3 Server Admin Black Ops Server Admin Bad Company 2 Server Admin Clan Member

UPDATED: RepZ is gone. IW4Play is the one to use now.

[​IMG]

We now have added a dedicated server for CoD MW2, running a full map rotation, including DLC maps. Check it out when you get a chance, and join us for some MW2 fun, dedicated server style! This is what you need to do in order to play on our server.

First. Copy your entire MW2 folder from your Steam folder to another location. What I did was to just copy to a different drive, but that should not be necessary. You will use this new copied version to play on the dedicated server.

Second. Create an account on the IW4play forum. You will need to use these login credentials to play the game on the dedicated server. This is the same kind of setup that was used with 4d1.

http://iw4play.net/forum/

Third. Copy the entire contents of this file into the folder you copied from your Steam folder. This new folder will be the game folder you will use to play online. Install everything in this RAR file into the root of your newly copied game. Essentially you are starting from a clean install. If you do not own the DLC, I would encourage you to buy them if you plan to play them. The developers deserve to be paid for their hard work.

Available in our Downloads section.

Fourth. Exit Steam and make sure it is not running on your system. Go into the new MW2 folder and run the file called LaunchIW4Play.exe. Wait for it to finish downloading and updating your game. Once it has finished, enter the username and password you used when you created your account on the IW4Play forum. Check the box to save your login info. It will now start up your MW2 game.

Fifth. Select Dedicated Server browser, find a server to play on, click, join, profit!

Disclaimer: I am not 100% sure playing this way will get you VAC banned or not. Since Steam is not needed to play on the dedicated servers, I simply kill the process just to play it safe. In all the years I have played on 4D1 servers, I have never received a ban when making sure Steam was not running. If you choose to leave Steam running, and you get a VAC ban, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Code:
    taskkill /f /im "Steam.exe" >null
    LauncherV3.exe
    Save and run this batch file to play online. It will always kill Steam first, then launch your game.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  2. RazerFalcon

RazerFalcon New Member

Can't wait to join :D

3. RazerFalcon

RazerFalcon New Member

The download link doesn't work :/

4. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

TacTicToe Clan Founder Staff Member Homefront Server Admin Battlefield 3 Server Admin Black Ops Server Admin Bad Company 2 Server Admin Clan Member

Sorry about that. There was a typo in the link, it is fixed now.

Let me know if you have any more issues.

Enjoy.

5. joeygamez95

joeygamez95 New Member

Awesome

6. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

WTH is that avatar? Like a Minecraft pez dispenser?

7. Lord of Bays

Lord of Bays New Member

Is this still live? Been getting back into CoD (this time on PC) and I miss MW2.

8. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

Yes it is still active. You still have to create an account on RepZ and install their client. Once you do, you can connect and play on ours or other servers. It has a browser just like CoD4 does.

9. St. Timmy's
    Energetic

St. Timmy's Member

I was wondering if this was still active too. The server no longer shows on your homepage.

10. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

It is but I have to update it, will do that right now actually and update the info.

11. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

[​IMG]

Updated and online.

12. Fb||Enderman564

Fb||Enderman564 New Member

haha, not it isnt "404 file not found"

V3nomZtriker likes this.
  13. JustAlpha-_
    Innocent

JustAlpha-_ New Member

Link stills ''broke''.

Fix it please.

Thanks.