1. Tapatalk has just been installed on the forums. This app makes it easy to login, read or reply to the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Things are finally stable enough to have recruitment opened. We are now actively seeking individuals 18+ to apply. Click the Join Us link at the top of the page and fill out an app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can use your Steam credentials to log in and create your account for the forums. This can help speed up your access to the forums. Welcome!
  4. When reporting a player please select a prefix for the thread. Be sure to include demos or screenshots. Any reports without evidence will be closed and disregarded.

Battlefield 3 Server is online

Discussion in 'Battlefield 3' started by TacTicToe, Jun 4, 2015.

1. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

TacTicToe Clan Founder Staff Member Homefront Server Admin Battlefield 3 Server Admin Black Ops Server Admin Bad Company 2 Server Admin Clan Member

[​IMG]

We now have a BF3 server online running 64 player Conquest with ALL maps including the DLC. Server is located in New York datacenter for best pings for USA and EU. It is as centrally located as I can get with a great pipe to the EU.

I am setting up the admins with Procon and should have that done later today. TKC members that wish to have admin rights on the server need to let me know so I can get them setup.

2. Syntax2112
    Lurking

Syntax2112 Moderator Staff Member Homefront Server Admin Battlefield 3 Server Admin Clan Member

I'll be on this server often when time permit's for sure. Hope others can find time as well. We need good solid BF3 servers out there !

3. Jayvytee
    No Mood

Jayvytee Member

There are 3 new servers now. They are much like the BC2 nexus servers. In the BF3 forum section TacTicToe posted links to set up your BF3 game folder. Espacially the launcher he linked is recommended. Hope to see you in game soon.

4. Syntax2112
    Lurking

Syntax2112 Moderator Staff Member Homefront Server Admin Battlefield 3 Server Admin Clan Member

There is a standard BF3 server correct ? As seen above ?

5. Jayvytee
    No Mood

Jayvytee Member

Yes but I doubt it will ever get populated or even be there in a month. These 3 new servers run just as good as official servers and have a much bigger chance of people actually playing on them.

6. Syntax2112
    Lurking

We shall see. I see more playing unmodded servers personally.

7. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

TacTicToe Clan Founder Staff Member Homefront Server Admin Battlefield 3 Server Admin Black Ops Server Admin Bad Company 2 Server Admin Clan Member

The problem is the way EA does the match making and run BF3, BF4 and Hardline servers. BF3 is the least constrained and is still difficult to populate. Since the game is older people have their favorites to play on. So now you need to rely more on match making, if people are still going that route. Take a minimum 8 players just to start a round. Server has been online for 2 weeks and has only had 60 people connect in that time. Which means for 2 weeks we have not had enough connect for a full server. Run into this same issue every time I put up a BF3 server, getting enough players there to start is a bitch. First 10 days I ran it is a Conquest64 server, which is the most popular gamemode. I then went to Rush, TDM, TDM/Rush mix, and server still has not seen a single round. I have even had it set to adjust the player slots according to how it fills and still nothing. Its just a tough nut to crack. 24/7 Metro Conquest is pretty popular, but there are already so many established servers out there.

BF4/Hardline I dont even consider because of the extremely restrictive guidelines from EA to host a server. You get a majority of the players from match making,. In order to get players for match making you need to run it as an official server. As an official server you are not allowed to have ANY rules or restrictions. You are not allowed to have reserved slots, you can not kick or ban ANYONE for ANYTHING. Basically you are paying to host a server for EA with your name on it. Nothing more. It really sucks. Then there are the huge issues with the servers themselves crashing so often once they are filled. Last update created a memory leak for the servers. Im not even sure if it has been addressed yet.

8. Syntax2112
    Lurking

Yeah my fav's list for BF3, they are always full with waiting room only. And they stay that way. Getting it established is the key. But once it is, its pretty much self sustaining. Good PB streaming support with admins that make it known you cheat or engage in monkey business, out comes ye ole Ban Hammer.

Also posting it helps alot. But where to post it is the question. Normally really active groups / clans get people playing on servers they frequent. If they don't already have one of their own of course.

Operation Locker
    Metro
    Wake Island
    Kharg Island
    Noshahr Canals
    Sharqi Peninsula
    Seine Crossing
    Caspian Border

Operation Firestorm

Those are about the most popular maps servers run and people play. Karkand sometimes.