1. Tapatalk has just been installed on the forums. This app makes it easy to login, read or reply to the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Things are finally stable enough to have recruitment opened. We are now actively seeking individuals 18+ to apply. Click the Join Us link at the top of the page and fill out an app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can use your Steam credentials to log in and create your account for the forums. This can help speed up your access to the forums. Welcome!
  4. When reporting a player please select a prefix for the thread. Be sure to include demos or screenshots. Any reports without evidence will be closed and disregarded.

Ark Server Online

Discussion in 'Ark Survival Evolved' started by TacTicToe, Jun 28, 2015.

1. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

TacTicToe Clan Founder Staff Member Homefront Server Admin Battlefield 3 Server Admin Black Ops Server Admin Bad Company 2 Server Admin Clan Member

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  2. HERRETIX
    Breezy

HERRETIX Member

What was crazy was the 437 MB unversioned hotfix last night. And another hotfix this morning. Had two unversioned yesterday on top of the versioned hotfix. So three updates yesterday and one so far today. It's getting absolutely crazy. I've come to the realization that they don't test any content before they release it. As you experienced with the five minute later hotfix, they don't even check to make sure stuff is working properly outside of a GM controlled environment before they release it. So sad ...

3. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

TacTicToe Clan Founder Staff Member Homefront Server Admin Battlefield 3 Server Admin Black Ops Server Admin Bad Company 2 Server Admin Clan Member

Ok, thank you. I thought something messed up on my end and it kept re-downloading something. At least now I know they just hotfix things without labeling it or letting anyone know anything. This game is really starting to grate on me, in this regard. I really like Ark, it fills a void I have since Primal Carnage went suck to shit. But damn these devs are really pissing me off lately. That is a rather lengthy thread I posted in and linked from on Steam about all of this as well.

Also, Im pissed my gravestones and scarecrows are gone. Its one thing if we cant get any more, but it would have been nice to keep what we had. Oh and my dodorex head piece is gone too. Bastards.

4. Jayvytee
    No Mood

Jayvytee Member

Damn this game looks so different than when I last played it. The part where my base used to be didn't change I think but a little north where the killing crew's main base was is unrecognisable to me.

So were these bases torn down, got deleted by the updates or was the server wiped?

5. HERRETIX
    Breezy

HERRETIX Member

Yeah, the snow and swamp biomes really changed up the landscape. Most of the bases were just unusable after the landscape change, so folks just moved to a new place. There is a command line that can wipe out structures in the new biomes, but it wasn't used since it would have wiped bases that were unaffected.

6. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

Yes, I tore your southern base and our main base down. It became an ugly swamp. As soon as you stepped out doors youre attacked by swarms of ants and boas and sarcos and all kinds of deadly creatures. The completely ruined that area. There was a base there in the middle of that swamp as well I got rid of from Primal Guys. It was floating 10 feet in the air with no way to get to it. Obviously abandoned and surrounded by marsh. It was horrible. That large bridge I built is still there, but I will probably remove it as well, since there is not need or use for it any more.

Now there is a TKC base in the center of the map and over at carno island. Friggin Dragons spawn there all the time. The volcano is now a large arena for when people are brave enough to want to battle big creatures.

7. Jayvytee
    No Mood

Jayvytee Member

This can happen in early access of cource. It sucks for the waste of time put into gathering and building but the game does look more beautiful and the new biomes are welcome imo. And sometimes it's fun to just start over.

The game seems to be a bit harder now too. The NE base is not the best place to spawn without gear. I didn't even make it to the main land :)

8. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

Server is updated.

Alpha Raptors and Carnos are back.

New level cap for players and dinos is 150.

Enjoy!

9. HERRETIX
    Breezy

HERRETIX Member

More levels are nice. I just hope folks don't get whiny about the two alphas being back. The only real issue is that the devs never fixed the spawning issues with them like they said they did. "Only in the mountains with this patch!" Five minutes later there are a thousand screen shots of groups of alphas all on the beach... Oh well, I have all my dinos packed up safely so should be ok. Everyone will have to take extra precautions when leaving home now.

10. TacTicToe
    Fiendish

Well the thing is, even is they spawn there, doesnt mean they will stay there. Those raptors are pretty fast and deadly, they could easily go on a rampage and end up on a beach. Quetzel's spawn inland in the mountains, and I have seen a couple hovering out over the beaches.

11. HERRETIX
    Breezy

HERRETIX Member

Yeah I did see a quetz over my base the other day. And yeah, they do wander. But I blame that on shoddy programming from the devs, they could easily put in a "home" location that they could be tethered to and have to stay in that area unless under attack from a player.